Dr. Sarwan Dhir, Department Chair
122 Alva Tabor Agriculture Building
The Department of Agricultural Sciences includes programs in the following areas: Agricultural Economics, Agriculture Education, Animal Science (with technology and science options), and Plant Science (with biotechnology, environmental soil science, and horticulture options). Bachelor of Science degrees in Agriculture and Agricultural Engineering Technology are offered through the department.
Curricular areas within the department provide an education rich in the basic sciences, agriculture and other applied sciences. Students who pursue these areas of study are prepared for entry into graduate and professional schools, employment as teachers, agri-business managers, researchers, scientists, as well as for positions with industry and governmental agencies. Courses offered within the department are designated AGEC, AGED, ANSC, PSCI, and SSCI.
- Agricultural Economics, B.S.
- Agricultural Teacher Education, B.S.A.G
- Animal Science, Science Option, B.S.
- Animal Science, Technology Option, B.S.
- Plant Science, Biotechnology Option, B.S.
- Plant Science, Environmental Soil Science Option, B.S.
- Plant Science, Horticulture Option, B.S.